FIDIC (International Federation of Consulting Engineers) is a transnational private organization representing at global level the industry of engineering consulting.
At present, FIDIC promotes the interests of 97 associations of consulting engineers from over 60 countries on all continents.
The notoriety of the International Federation of Consulting Engineers se datoreaza, is due, to the greatest extent, to the standard de contract forms in constructions, known at public level as Books (“Red Book”, “Yellow Book”, “Silver Book”, “Green Book”).
Although the International Federation of Consulting Engineers has no actual normative capacities, the FIDIC Books imposed, by their clarity and simplicity, as a contractual practice universally accepted in construction field.
In this way, at present, the contract forms issued by FIDIC are the most outspread and used standard forms of contracts in engineering.
FIDIC performs its activity supporting the 8 major objectives:
1. Recognizing the Federation as international authority in matters related to good practices in the activity of consulting engineers.
2. Promoting high ethics and integrity standards for all parties involved in infrastructure development at international level.
3. Maintaining and improving FIDIC representativeness within the engineering consulting industry, at international level.
4. Improving the public image of the engineering consulting industry.
5. Promoting and supporting the development, at global level, of the viable industries for engineering consulting.
6. Promoting and consolidating the leader position of the FIDIC contract forms.
7. Developing and improving the editorial activity and the training component.
8. Promoting and encouraging the development of a community of young professionals in the engineering consulting industry.