Konsent Consulting engineers
  • Română
  • English
  • Choose language
  • Română
  • English
  • Choose language
  • Română
  • English
  • Choose language

Rehabilitation of the Brasov-Simeria railway, component of the Pan European Corridor IV

Konsent - Reabilitare linie cale ferata

Consultancy in the field of execution management and for checking the execution of the construction and installation works, corresponding to the following objective: “Rehabilitation of Brasov-Simeria railway, component of the Pan European Corridor IV in order to ensure train circulation at a 160 km/h speed”, on the Coslariu-Simeria section – Lot 1.

We know very well how important the transportation infrastructure is, an indispensable facility for modern life and we recognize its value for society and communities. For this reason, by means of development projects for integrated transportation systems, KONSENT establish connexions among people and places and facilitate economic exchanges. At the same time, we try to respond to all functional, social and economic requirements, harmoniously integrating our solutions into the natural framework.

By means of the contract Consultancy in the field of execution management and for checking the execution of the construction and installation works for the Coslariu-Simeria section – Lot 1, we perform activities of planning, consultancy, technical assistance and management in the development of the transportation infrastructure of Alba and Hunedoara counties. The rehabilitation of the section will increase the safety and comfort level and will reduce the travelling time by train and the time for commodity transportation as well.

Within this project, consolidation and rehabilitation works are carried out for bridges and culverts, new bridges are built, electrification and energy supply works are carried out, and works corresponding to the telecommunication network as well. Also, execution works are carried out for signalling installations and the railway platforms are rehabilitated. At the same time, works for arranging the infrastructure for disabled persons are carried out.

The objective of the project consists in modernizing 74.43 km of railway on the above-mentioned section, so that the person trains can circulate at a maximum speed of 160 km/h, and the commodity trains at a maximum speed of 120 km/h. In this way, it is envisaged to fulfil the standards in the din European Agreement on large combined international transportation lines and related installations.

The value of the rehabilitation project for the Coslariu – Simeria section exceeds Euro 300 million, the project being co-financed by the European Commission by the Sectorial Operational Program Transportation 2007-2013. 85% of the funds are ensured by the European Commission by means of the Cohesion Funds – non-reimbursable funds – and the remaining of 15% originate in the state budget.
The project is part of the Priority Axis no. 1 “Modernization and development of Priority Axis TEN-T with a view to developing a durable transportation system and integrating it into the EU transportation networks”, Major intervention domain 1.2 “Modernization and development of railway infrastructure along the Priority axis TEN-T 22″.